February 7th

Getting what sleep does, but very broken and restless. I desire closer intercourse through the Word, and yet, I have more than deserved. Jesus manifested Himself very preciously in these words, "For their sakes I sanctify myself," opening up His love to them, and the holiness of the wonderful work He was working out. Verily, He is the Wonderful. Oh, when He is working a work to the praise of His Father, He may be safely left to be guided by His own zeal, love, and wisdom. The Father has all confidence in whatever He says. "This is my beloved Son, hear ye him." "Ye know not yet who and what he is, but I know him from everlasting as the Lamb slain, I know how he desired and desires to do my will for his brethren and joint-heirs, I know how he rejoices in being in them, and they in him, and that we shall be all perfected in one through all eternity to the glory of free grace."

No comments: